Is your Mobile Apps Superseded the Website?
Constantly, businesses have realized the needs of effective mobile channels for attracting the customers. They have started the new operations with mobile website and mobile apps. Business with large wallet can afford both mobile app and mobile website. The choice between website and app depends on their cost usability and required features and the target audience.
Reasons why mobile apps superseded the website
1. Mobile apps offer better personalization- Personalization is related to somewhat about tailored communication to users based on their location, interests, usage behavior and many more thing. Mobile apps set up the preferences for their setup at the start. Apps can track and observe user engagement and use it as custom recommendations and updates for the users. Improving the user experience is the prime concern of the mobile apps.
2. Ease of sending notifications- From the last few decades, the email is the most widely used business communication tool. Business uses emails to inform their users. It results in the lost of the effectiveness of the email had and its open rates and clicking rates have dropped constantly. Well there is no reason to worry as you can send non intrusive notification to the users and this is the reason most of the businesses want to have mobile app in the first place. Push notification are notification which users can receive with any activity they are doing on mobile.
3. Making use of mobile device features- Mobile apps have the advantage of using features of the mobile like GPS, Contact list, Camera, Phone calls, accelerometer and compass. the use of such features increase the interaction and fun of the users and also reduces the efforts of the users. For example- you are using banking app and you have to insert your photo then these app allows you to use your mobile camera to capture the photo and install on the app option.
4. Ability to work offline- It is the most fundamental difference between mobile website and mobile app. Although, most of the websites requires internet connection but some are still offering the offline mode to use the basic content and functionality to the users.
5. Users spend more time on apps- As per the survey, around 86% of the mobile users uses mobile apps and rest uses mobile websites. Also the time spend by users on the mobile is also increasing from 21% in 2015 from 2014.